Problem solving Help Requested

I rolled my wife's Spider out for the season yesterday, and did the regular
checks after putting the battery back in (e.g., oil, leaks, tire pressure).

I discovered the auto windows didn't work. I checked all of the fuses. All
looked good. I also checked for corrosion on the fuse box. Just a few spots
that needed cleaning.

I took it for a spin to listen to everything, and noticed that the
Alternator light (battery) was on, and none of the instruments were working,
including speedometer (stuck at 10 MPH), tach (stuck at 10), oil pressure
(0), gas (at 0), and voltage (below 0). I checked the wire coming off the
battery to the sensors, and the wire was bad. So I replaced the connector
and reattached to the battery, which set off the door buzzer (when open).
Still no instruments. BTW, after replacing the wire conntector, I turned on
the car, and the alternator light came on again. Turned it off and then on,
and the light stayed off. Go figure?!

Another problem: the driver-side door did not open easily because the inside
paneling kept getting caught on the frame. Bolts on door hinge were tight so
I didn't think it was loose and haning at all. Also, the door won't stay
open. No obvious droop in the door. Also, many of the tabs holding the
paneling to the door are now busted. A couple years ago, I asked my mechanic
to fix these tabs. (I had changed the window motor in the other door
previously and had nothing but trouble replacing the paneling so the clips
would stay.) Opening and closing the door worked fine for about a week.
Then, part of the paneling kept popping out whenever you pulled on the
inside door handle whenever you closed the door. What a pain. Now this!
Nobody seems to have clips that work right.

Any ideas on the instruments, windows, and door?

Your help is much appreciated.

Jon Leer
Alfa Romeo - 86 Spider Veloce