Guibo's, why worry?

Why is it that the most often piece of hardware on an Alfa that people thinks need re-engineered is the Guibo??? I don't get it. It is there for a good reason, especially on the Alfetta.

From what I know, Alfa did try using U-joints, but cranks eventually failed. I think Richard Jemison found a similar result on his GTV6 race car.

I think the best high hp solution is to use GT40 parts. Yes, the ends of the drive shafts were rubber guibos as well.

Alfa engineers knew (and know) what they are doing. Please don't assume you know better, even if you are an engineer.

Eric Storhok
Ann Arbor, MI

AROC Detroit Homepage: http://www-personal.umich.edu/~alfa/index.htm