15" wheels etc.

Speaking of original 15" wheels and whatever tires will fit - yesterday
I was down at the Pasadena One-Stop employment office (attending a
workshop about Using The Internet To Enhance My Jobhunting Experience if
you must know), and in the parking lot was the second-prettiest Duetto
I've ever beheld. Bob McKeown's is still #1, but his has 14" Panasports,
and this one had both the original wheels and hubcaps. Black, appears to
have had some restoration done, no chrome script or badging on the rear
deck, nice interior and a somewhat worn top. One thing that did concern
me was that it was wearing 165-section tires with a fairly wide aspect
ratio (don't remember what exactly), and they looked pretty balloony on
those skinny wheels. Never got to see whose car it was, and I thought
standing in the lobby and yelling, "WHO'S GOT THE BITCHIN' DUETTO?"
would be frowned upon. Anyone here?

That Giulia Sprint GT I had for a while had the same wheels, and though
it was a floppy old hulk with bushings turned to balsa wood I did like
the way they felt. I suppose as long as enough people drive old VW bugs
there'll be a decent supply of proper tires.

Will Owen