Re: alfa-digest V9 #568

In a message dated 6/10/2003 2:48:22 PM Central Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> Now, don't ask me how wide the 'new' wheels' rims should be (6"?) or
> >what the offset should be so you have the ideal look of visually filling
> >the wheel wells without having to cut off edges or rub on the inside.
> >
> >Bet someone on the Digest has actually gone through this process and can
> >advise you. Should someone reply, it would be good to know if your car
> >was lowered and if so, by how much.

       Where to position the offset depends on where you want the rims to
sit.  I would advise mocking up a bare rim and putting it on the car.  Measure
every conceivable way before welding them up.
       The stock Alfa rims are about a 35 to 37 mm offset with the center
closer to the outer edge.  Some market wheels are about 24 mm offset.  For the
widest possible track, try about a 15 to 20 mm offset.
       Anyone else ever run chrome reversed rims with baby moon hub caps?  If
I remember correctly that was about the time wide white wall tires went out
of fashion.

Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City