FOR SALE: 1987 Alfa Milano parts/project car.

Ciao Alfisti !

My brother Paul (who used to frequent this digest) had a graphite/grey
(metallic blue perhaps?) colored '87 Alfa Romeo Milano (Silver Model D114 Body
Style 45, has Gold Model alloy wheels) that he had to abandon with my dad a
couple of years ago when it developed a problem at the very moment he was
moving to a new job (talk about poor timing).  Specifically, it suddenly began
burning oil like a fog machine (it seemed perfectly ok one day but not the
next).  We originally thought that it might be leaking around the valves but
strangely, it doesn't smoke immediately, only after the car has warmed up and
run awhile.  So, a couple of years ago we decided to replace the head gasket
thinking that was the most likely culprit.  Unfortunately, that didn't fix the
problem.  Disheartened, we gave up at the time and the car has sat for the
last couple of years.  We had noticed that the oil pressure gauge would creep
up after the car is started until it pegged out at like 110psi... seemingly
way high.  So, last fall my dad and I dropped the oil pan to see if maybe the
oil pump pressure release spring was gunked up causing the pressure to
increase continuously (seemed plausible).  Of course, once everything was back
together, the car will now no longer even start (cranks over real nice
though).  We assume that either the fuel pump is out, a wire broke, etc.
Having a '62 Giulietta Spider in his barn to work on, my dad decided he didn't
need another project car and asked me to help him get rid of the Milano.  I
originally posted this for sale last year, but he still has it so here I am
again!

The body of the car is in fairly good shape with some rust around the wheel
wells.  The engine looks pretty clean (having the oil pan off, the inside
looked really good) with, obviously, the problems outlined above.  The tires
are shot but the wheels are nice (need a little cleaning).  The interior
upholstery (seats in particular) is in great shape although the head liner is
currently removed (it had started to sag and was taken off to reglue; it is
included).  There is a second set of heads in the trunk (that could be
re-machined) along with a couple of parts out of the engine bay (removed for
easier access during head job).  The front grill seems to have been misplaced
and is the only thing missing as far as I'm aware.  Anyhow, if you are looking
for a decent project car (maybe you have a good idea of the root cause of the
oil burning) or merely looking for a good parts car, my dad is asking $250 OBO
for the whole thing.

The car is located in Chesterton, Indiana (about 40 miles East of Chicago at
the southern tip of Lake Michigan).  If you are interested, you can call my
dad at (219) 926-4478 and ask for Ed.  If you have further questions about the
car or would like some pictures of it, you can e-mail me at jasmo65@domain.elided
or, once again, call my dad.  Thanks for reading my post!

Jim Witek
'93 Alfa 164L

p.s.  Thanks again to all of you who helped me out a few years ago via the
Alfa 164 discussion forum with some problems... er, ah... I mean
"opportunities for learning" I ran into with my Alfa ;-)