Spider cowling at base of windshield

From: "Paul Irvine" <kcabpilot@domain.elided>
Subject: I'm stumped

After completely taking my Spider apart and reassembling it piece by piece
over the past 5 years I've finally come to the last two pieces - the vent
panel that covers the wiper motor and the trim strip at the base of the
windshield. After searching high and low I found the ten clips in the drawer
of an old toolbox under the workbench where they've been hiding out since I
took it apart sometime around July 1998.

I stared at the items for about an hour tonight and I can't for the life of
me figure out or remember how the heck those clips go. I've tried fitting
them every way possible but nothing seems to make any sense.

Somebody give me a clue!
=======================================

Paul, as long as clues are being doled out: I removed the chrome trim from the
base of the windshield and reset that black sealing goop (need to remove and
recaulk as the existing stuff is drying up after 15 years) and one of those
clips you mention wasn't doing anything other than rusting, but I couldn't see
what the backside of them was clipped to, however the front side of the clip
accepts the bottom lip of the chrome trim. My question is how does one remove
the panel that the wiper arms go through and the fresh-air intake panel??? It
looks like a pry-fit for the fresh-air intake, but I don't want to cause any
paint problems....

Adam

--
Adam S. Doherty