re: Duplicating steel fuel line

My method is to put just the slightest flare on the end of the tube, so the hose clamp has something other than friction working for it. IMHO, that's all it takes. But I've also been tempted to retain the threaded fitting that comes on the brake line and get an adapter that adapts the brake fitting thread to AN and then putting a Bosch fuel rail style barb fitting on the end of the line to eliminate the hose clamps and make it all professional. But if you perish in a ball of fire because you took my advice, don't hold me responsible.

-Joe

At 12:52 AM +0000 6/10/03, alfa-digest wrote:

Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 17:29:12 -0700 (PDT)
From: Nash Bap <nashbap@domain.elided>
Subject: Duplicating steel fuel line

Hello:

I am in the process of duplicating the 5/16 in. steel fuel line that runs under the car and which mates to a 5/16in. fuel hose. Factory produced hard fuel line seems to have a bulge at the ends onto which the hose slips and I was wondering whether anybody could tell me how to reproduce this or pehaps suggest some other alternative. I am familiar with single and double flared tubing ends as used on brake lines.

Thank you.

Nash Bapasola
75 Montreal
81 GTV6