GTA update

Hey All,

Time for a quick update for the car's loyal fans.  The NWARC has a track day at
Bremerton Raceway Friday, June 20.  This track serves as a very good place to
break in a motor.  I fully intend on having the car there.

Right now, the crank, rods, and block are at a machine shop getting fully
scrutinized.  Plastiguage was showing 0.0028" on the main bearings, which is
about 0.001" more than we'd like to see.  This is an uncut Alfetta 1600 crank
that I (possibly mistakedly) had polished.

With the aid of several gurus, notably Carter Hendricks, I was convinced that
to truly discover the crank's clearances, one must measure all areas involved,
the saddle, bearing shell thickness, and crank journal dia.  Do the math and
the difference is the bearing clearance.  Hopefully it will come out fine, if
not, on to plan B.

My rear trailing arms should be done tomorrow, I'm having them modified to
accept the slick low-mount GTA rear anti-sway bar.

I've ordered yet another Mocal oil cooler, and braided steel lines, and will
try Canton's little remote oil filter in lieu of my System 1 remote oil filter.

"Debris free in 2003!"  That's my new slogan.

Cheers!

Steve Schaeffer
Seattle, WA
'65 GTA