From: owner-alfa@domain.elided [mailto:owner-alfa@domain.elided]On Behalf Of
Monty Mathisen
Sent: Sunday, June 08, 2003 2:45 PM
To: Alfa Digest
Subject: GTV6 Fuel Injection Blow-up

Starting my father's GTV6 produced a loud bang. After that the engine turned
over but would not fire. Sounded like it was revving at 100 rpms, this would
last before a few seconds before it shut itself off. We found that the
rubber connections on the front 3 injecters on the fuel injection system
were disconnected. ( pictures are here www.mathisenmotorsports.com/GTV6/ )
it looked like the whole fuel injection unit had been push up in the front
and down in the back. We were able to connect the rubber connectors on the
front 3 injecters so they just fit. And the engine runs. Any ideas? Any
problems/experiances with this?
Sincerely,
Monty