10:1 Pistons and LImited Prep

I rebuilt my '74 GTV engine last Fall with the 10:1 Motronic pistons.  It is hard for me to compare power since I also added Euro cams and a 3 angle valve cut.  But I have not had any problem with pinging, even though my head has been cut a little.  I set the timing to the max mark at 5K rpm.

Richard, for limited prep I might shoot for a 10.5:1 regulation.  That would allow you to run the motronic pistons with a head that has been cut some.  From what others have said, motronics with a slightly cut head yielding 10.4:1 would be preferable to a stock head height and the 10.4:1 pistons.

Erik Wood