Re: Spider top chaif

I use a bit of self-adhesive nylon tent repair material at the wear points.
It is available at good camping goods suppliers in blue and black. It works for
a year or so and then you rip it off and replace it. It has more of a shine
to it than Sunfast material, but neither my wife nor my dog has remarked on it.
As for keeping the top down all the time, my upholstery guy says it is a bad
idea unless you like to replace the top frequently. The top needs the
stretching it gets when it is up. Otherwise, it wears excessively at the folds. Or so
he says.

GModelle writes:It's rare that the convertible top ever goes up on the
spider, but a few days ago it began to rain and I noticed that the canvas fabric was
rubbing against
a frame member when the top was folded. I>  was wondering if the canvas