Just for the record

I'm not critical of laminated windshields. My point was they are not mandatory in Europe and tempered windshields are the norm there I believe. Laminated windshields are required for cars manufactured or imported into the North American market. To be precise, I use North American market to include only Canada and the US as is common in the auto business, with apologies to the other NA country Mexico.

Cheers

Michael
Michael Smith
Calgary, Alberta