flywheels

Hi Dan,

Just to allay some of your concerns about using "new flywheels". I would actually think that you would be taking much more of a risk (albeit it very small) with using a standard second hand flywheel, (even an Alfa one) for two reasons:

(a) Alfa flywheels were originally cast iron and casting technology (especially material quality) has improved dramatically over the last few decades. I wont bore the digest by going into details.
(b) A thirty year old second hand flywheel is more likely to be fatigue cracked than a new one! Given the choice of a new flywheel to a thirty year old one at the same price (or even much cheaper), I know which one I would be heading for!

By the way, I have a Master of Applied Science degree in Physical Metallurgy.

Warren Reid
Melbourne Australia
68 1750 GTV
86 Spider Veloce