From: owner-alfa@domain.elided [mailto:owner-alfa@domain.elided] On Behalf Of
Bain, Bill
Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2003 10:39 AM
To: Alfa Digest (alfa-digest@domain.elided)
Subject: What to use in refinishing Bosch Fuel rail, etc.

Cruzin Performance is backed up right now for a week or so ,so I have
some time to ask more questions:

I can't say that I've ever seen a new Bosch L-Jet Spider so those of you
who have may know the answer to this one.  It appears that the fuel rail
and fuel pressure regulator were finished in some sort of cadmium
(slightly goldish color) plating for protection.  Well that plating is
long since gone over most of the rail/regulator and I'm wondering how it
was finished to start with and what folks' thoughts are on an acceptable
substitute.  Just painting it silver seems pretty tacky . .  ..

I've gotten the trial set of silicone vacuum hoses for testing fitting,
etc.   I'll keep everybody posted, but my initial impression on just
opening the box is favorable.

Bill Bain
AROC Atlanta