Spacers for Spider Rear Springs

Bill,

>Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 14:53:43 -0400
>From: "Bain, Bill" <Bill.Bain@domain.elided>
>Subject: Convertible tops and other miscellani/good Vendor >report

snip

>2.      Does anyone have a source for 115 rear spring >spacers?  I can't find them anywhere.

Good question!  If we're lucky, one of our digest advertisers will respond in the affirmative.  If not, that confirms my fears.  Last time I checked with Alfa Parts in Berkeley, Jon and Ruth Ann indicated they had to be order from Europe and cost ~$50 a piece IF THEY WERE STILL AVAILABLE.  So I went to APE and picked up some used ones.

In the mean time, I ran across a set of adjustable spring perches Ground Control was using on a new 340Z mule.  I bought them for around $75 for the pair but haven't had a chance to install them to see if they work.  My interest was in getting some adjustablility in the rear ride height.

If they work, I will publish the results to the digest.

>Bill Bain
>AROC Atlanta
>'83 Spider (may this weekend?)
>'87 Milano (daily driver since the Camry's in the shop again!)

Cheers,
Charlie