91 Spider windshield distortion

Hi all,
recently purchased a 91 spider in need of lots of work. I replaced the
glass on it, and the windshield was distorted. Optical distortion RIGHT in
front of my field of view, towards the left side. Passenger side is fine.
I had the window replaced immediately, and the manager assured me that the
new windshield was not distorted. Well, it is.
It is a Pilkington glass. They are a huge, well-known glass manufacturer
for OEM replacement glass. It's not a no-name company, so I figured it was
trust-worthy. I spoke with someone there and they said if one is
distorted, they all are. He said blame alfa for specing such a large
curvature. I told him this was nonsense since the passenger side was fine.
Anyone have any insight on this issue? I really can't handle distorted
glass. I might try to get an OEM windshield from IAP or someone and pay
them to install it... The people working there are honest and nice.

thanks,
Karl