Re: Weekend in Milan

Mike,
I wholeheartly agree with Georges suggestion about the Alfa Museum. You
will see Alfa's there that you will never see here, plus you'll see the
newer ones all over the streets of Milano. Even taxi's and police cars.
Another suggetion, that my wife and I enjoyed is the Marconni Museum. Also
a taxi ride from the downtown area. While it doesn't have much, if any
direct Alfa content, it is all things Italian. From communcations, to
trains, to automobiles, etc . There is a display of a 1950 Fiat Berlina
that appears to be cut in half. Front to back right down the middle. The
drivers half side is displayed. You can see the entire cars insides.
Including the transmission, drive line, engine.Really well done.
Another suggest is to get the biggest block of Parmiagiano Reggiano from
one of the local markets that you can find. It is to die for. It is
different than the kind available here in the states. Whatever  you do,
you'll have fun!
Enjoy, Fred Zimmermann