Re: alfa-digest V9 #535

Based on where the clicking noise came from when the lights were turned on and off, I concluded that the added relays were behind and to the right of the fusebox on my buddy's '87 Milano.

-Joe

--On Friday, May 30, 2003 1:42 PM +0000 alfa-digest <owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided> wrote:

Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 16:31 +0100
From: aggarcia@domain.elided
Subject: Milano Headlight Relay

I was having problem with the low beam headlights. I bought a new switch,
same issue. Opened up the manual and followed the tests. Everything about
my old switch tested ok. I now find the problem is the current is not
getting to the fuse box.

I seem to recall something about a headlight relay added to the Milano's
and the early models could burn up the headlight switch. There is no
relay  listed in the wiring diagrams. I checked with my uncle who had
almost new  Milano and he comfirms that the dealer did this retrofit of a
relay while  under warranty. Since we have no dealers in Texas, any one
know where this  added headlight relay switch is one the car?

ANDREWG
Houston, TX