Re: Will 205's work on a spider?

I run 205/50VR tires on 15x6 Panasports on my '89 Spider. There's no problem
with clearance, but they are a bit rough. I autocross the car and don't
drive it on a daily basis anymore, so that's okay. Also, I have yellow Koni
shocks set pretty hard, which doesn't help. The original size on the 15x6
rims from the factory was 195/60, which would give you little more
cushioning. Or you could go to a 205/55, which might give you a better ride
and be closer to the factory diameter. As far as the wheel width. I would
use the 15x7 Panasports if I weren't running in SCCA Solo events as stock
(the rules don't allow the increased width). However, the 205s have given no
problem on the 6" wide rims.

Wendell Murray
Memphis, TN
'89 Spider Veloce