Re:Spider Alloys...

 Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 21:13:52 -0400 (EDT) From: Brad
 Howard <alfaspiderguy@domain.elided
 Subject: Spider Alloys...

 Hello All,

 Does anyone know what type of alloy was used for '82
 Spider 5 star wheels (sorry I don't know the proper name of
 them)? Next question...has anyone had these repaired by
 anyone (ie: slightly bent wheel and it needs a bit of a
 face lift)? If so, where?

 Thanks in advance, Brad Howard '88 Alfa Romeo
 Spider Graduate
I had my ( 82 Spider Campy's ) wheels cleaned up and powder coated - not perfect, but much better than the condition previous.

Don't know the alloy, but some people ( The Frame Man, in Sacramento, CA for example ) can sometimes *unbend* them - gotta take them to the people involved, and that decision is made then and there.

Find a shop in your area that does that sorta thing - ask around at motorcycle shops as these thing occasionally need such work
AMHIK.

jeff clark

82 Spider