Re:164 Wet Footwells

Assuming your 164 has a sunroof, this is a very likely culprit.  There are
four drain tubes, the two at the front exiting between the false firewall and
the firewall on each side of the car. The rear ones exit into the rear
wheelarch. They usually have black plastic caps on with a cross cut in the
end. Remove these as they clog easily with vegetative matter, and clean them
out with compressed air by preference, as poking things down or up the tube
can disengage the upper end if you are unlucky, or a bit rough when you do
it.

Even after doing this my 164TS can still get wet carpets in big downpours if
parked on a hill. Its flat where I live so I've forgotten if mine does it
facing up or down the hill, but its one or the other!!

Hope this helps

Tim Hancock  Boston UK

164TS
164Super