Twin Spark conversion (to an Alfetta ?) and a request for advise

In #527 Richard asked about TS conversion of an
Alfetta (coupe I presume). I had this done in my 1984
Alfetta GTV back in Ireland. It was really very
straightforward. The important thing is that the
engine wiring loom in the Twin Spark 75 is quite
separate from the rest of the car. Once you have the
engine, loom, ecu and other ancilliaries you are good
to go. We found that there was a convenient hole in
the bulkhead (firewall) which allowed us to put the
ecu under the carpet in the passenger(LHS) footwell.
Things that had to be modified were:

-Smaller after-market air filter to fit in engine
compartment

-Various brackets etc for extra coils etc.

-We cut a small notch (50mm x 25mm) in the
strengthening rib in the middle of the standard
bonnet(hoot) to clear the engine.

Don't go for a 164 TS engine as there are too many
differences. That's about it as far as I can remember.
Makes it a fantastic car, the best of both worlds I
think.

Now here's my request for advise:

I am temporarily in Portland Or and I am looking at
buying an cheap Alfetta coupe (spica 4cyl). The paint
is rough and so is the interior but the engine looks
good and runs fine. The car drives nicely but needs
some work here and there. It hasn't been on the road
in a couple of years so needs smog testing. Is the
smog testing a big deal? Will the car need tuning or
something before it goes for testing? Is there
somewhere that does work on these cars but doesn't
have a backlog of more than a couple of days?

Thanks a lot
Willo in Hillsboro