Autcrossers Unite!

For all the autocrosser out there, I read the miata.net forum all the time. Mainly as I own one...

But for competitiveness, they are a bunch of whiners. Quite a few say they will not autocross as their car is not competitive in it's class.... So one of them is trying to move the 1.8l 94-97 Miatas from CS to ES. Which directly affects all 2.0l Alfa's, as that is the class that they are in. Mind you, the 1/8's are faster than the 1.6 cars, which are already in ES.

They seem to think it will be good for ES, even though it will make most of the cars in the class even less competitive.

Geez, how long has it been since a 2.0l Alfa was even competitive in its stock class??

Anyway, if you are a member of SCCA (I'm not), please do your best to make sure this does not happen. And if you have friends who drive old Z cars, they need to know too. Or even the 924 and the 8 valve 944.

Eric Storhok
Ann Arbor, MI

AROC Detroit Homepage: http://www-personal.umich.edu/~alfa/index.htm