Re: Fuse ratings for a 73 Spider?

Matthew Hanselman wrote:

--------------------------------------
I just bought a 73 Spider, and cannot find anywhere the ratings for the fuse
box.  Does anybody know?

I'd really like all 10 fuse ratings, but what I immediately need is fuse #5
(the interior lights, etc).  I keep blowing my 8-amp fuse and want to know
if that's expected or not.
--------------------------------------

8 amp is correct. Having just gone through putting mine all back together
from nearly scratch I can give you at least one possible tip. If anyone has
had the rear view mirror off, if you plug those wires to the courtesy light
in backwards it'll blow the fuse. AMHIK

Other than that you simply have to get one of those economy packs of 8 amp
fuses and start unhooking one thing at a time until you get it to hold.
Ringing it out with an ohmmeter is useless since you have all those bulbs
going to ground in parallel all over the place. There are 4 main plugs under
the dash - one for the tach, the speedo, the center instrument lights and
the console lights. Then you've got your side marker lights, a courtesy
light in the engine compartment, the trunk and glovebox etc. You need to
narrow it down systematically. It's gonna be something simple like a wire
hanging loose or such. I also had a miswired harness for the speedo lights -
had the hot wire going straight to ground. Went through half a dozen fuses
looking for that one.

But hey, it all works now - even the little light under the ashtray!

Paul Irvine - Antioch CA
Project Alfa