RE: Wire wheels some more

	No, a wire wheel can be both light AND strong, but only
	within a limited range of dimensions.  That's what I meant
	by "package".  I can see how that statement could be
	misinterpreted.

	To John's defense of FWD cars with wire wheels . . . again
	I was too brief.  It is the large negative wheel offset used
	in modern FWD geometry that prevents the use of wire
	wheels.  Depending on width, the better wire wheel designs
	have zero or positive offsets.  Negative offsets can be made,
	but compromise strength by limiting spoke angles and rim
	attachment location.

	In the days of the Millers, the aluminum rim wire wheel had
	the best combination of strength and weight.  The
	suspension geometry for those cars was designed around
	the tire and wheel package.  Cast and forged alloy wheels
	aren't as limited, and FWD suspensions have been greatly
	improved because of it.

	Regards,
	Jim Steck