164 Automatic

Alex wrote:

Subject: 164 AUTOMATIC Steering/Trani

New to 164, I just got an automatic & all fluid leaked out of power steering
through a small hole in hose @ rear of engine compartment (behind trani). Is
the fluid together with the trani fluid, because that seems low (or possibly
empty). Thank you.
Alex Gouras
-----------------------

Alex, the transmission and power steering do not share fluid (though they both
use the same type....). The power steering resevoir is located behind the
firewall and directly below the windshield in front of the driver. The
transmission dipstick is on the top of the transmission, likewise there is a
fill-hole for the transmission in the same area as the dipstick.

Feel free to ask me anymore specific questions.

Adam

--
Adam S. Doherty
Howard Hughes Medical Institute