Re: Wires

Just to bring this down to earth..I have it on good authority (an Aston DB5
convertible owner told me..so it must be true) that the best way to clean wire
wheels is to remove the tyres  and put the wheels in the
dishwasher...preferably when the other half in any relationship is out
shopping.

Having spent many a happy hour of my youth in the cold streets of Leeds
cleaning winter grime off the wire wheels of various motorcycles...I can
relate to this.

I confess that wire wheels on racing Mk2 Jaguars and 50s Brit Sports cars do
work aesthetically for me, and I remember seeing Ferrari F1 cars with them. I
think the word here is 'context'. If the context is right, then they work. If
not, they just look awful.

Tim Hancock  Boston UK

164TS
164Super

P.S. Re: Damians airbox..... Years ago I once lost a briefcase full of
documents by the simple expedient of putting it down whilst I fiddled with my
car keys....I then got in the car and drove off without the briefcase. It had
been a long day, and I never saw it again.