Re: Alfa's return to America???

The other day I spoke to the head of Alfa Romeo Inc. in Orlando, FL. Alfa
maintains an office and warehouse there to provide parts which they sell to
dealers around the country. My purpose in calling was to invite the head of Alfa
Romeo Inc. to the AROC national convention in Fort Lauderdale, July 3 - 6. He
graciously declined the invitation explaining that should he attend our
convention he would be beseiged with questions about Alfa's possible return to the USA
and would then face the embarrassment of telling all who asked that he had no
answer to their questions.

This, in my view, is the official line of Alfa Romeo. It is possible that an
Alfa  return to the USA is a very low priority at Fiat considering the urgent
financial problems which Fiat has to deal with at the moment.  Conclusion..
don't make any plans for buying a new Alfa in the next decade.

Hope to see many of you at the AROC convention. If you need a schedule of
events and registration form please email and I'll email them to you.

Marc Mosko
                                                          President, South
Florida Alfa Romeo Owners Club
Hollywood, Florida
'65 Giulia Spider Veloce
'74 GTV 2000 T.S.
'91 164 S

> Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 18:36:12 -0400
> From: James Bratek <james_bratek@domain.elided>
> Subject: New Alfas for the USA
>
> <<<I haven't heard much chatter about new Alfa models for the USA recently
> anyone have any news and thoughts about "the latest?" Last word I heard, we
> were looking at 2007 introduction via dedicated Alfa Romeo dealer network
> (not Cadillac nor Saab, though possible Ferrari-Maserati distribution
> network), but unsure if Spider is to be first model or the new Brera (GTV?)
> or redesigned 156. Any news about a desperately-needed replacement for the
> slow-selling flagship 166?>>>
>

> Jim

[demime 0.99c.7 removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of Classic White.jpg]