Another fix, another fight

I'm replacing the Milano's transmission mounts and its deDion bushing, and as always it is uphill both ways.

Of course, rust and corrosion are the root of all evil. But to keep things interesting this time it let me get pretty far before it cropped up. I managed to easily remove the exhaust, the bolts holding the cross-member on, and the transmission mounts. The deDion bolt took some oomph, but the 3/4" drive socket wrench gave me plenty of leverage.

I'm home free right? Nope. The deDion bush sleeve was throroughly welded to the deDion bolt. Over the next few hours I cut/drilled and eventually burnt most of the old rubber bush out, so I could access the sleeve. I still couldn't grab it tight enough to break it loose. Finally after drilling some holes in the sleeve and working it over with a pnuematic chisel, I was able to get enough grip and it gave up. The rest of the rubber bushing was still a bear to remove, but it's now ready for reassembly.

I think I might go shopping for a new Verde next spring. This is starting to get really old.

--Mark
The Alfa Wiki: http://alfa.denovich.org