Aftermarket Ignition Systems

Personally, I haven't tried the Crane set up. For years I have used the MSD 6A on my cars.
I improved the drivability of my Alfetta significantly by just adding the MSD. The car fired on the first crank, idled better, and though the gears the car really ran well.
First thing I do when I get a new Alfa is install a MSD. They can be had at Kragens for about $125 off the shelf. Simple to install and used the existing points. Hardest thing about an MSD to install is trying to figure out where to mount it! On my Super that was the worst thing. I eventually mounted it on the firewall in front of the passenger side in the engine compartment. Next time it might be reinstalled down below in front of the radiator on the cross support.

Christopher Boles
Veloce Register
http://www.veloceregister.net