62 Sprint at National

Arno,
Thankyou for speaking up about the wire wheels on the sprint coupe.

I knew that some of the early sprints had wire wheels and I never questioned them in any way as to stock/non stock.
The car was almost perfect in every respect. I have seen alot of great sprints, this one was heads above the rest. Knowing that the car has gone on to win another concours, just verifies that Arno and I believed this to be a 99-100 point show car.

My 6c2500 SS has Borrani 17 inch wire wheels. 1900's had wire wheels in the competition cars, and I have seen lightweights with wire wheels. So why would it be ludicrous to not think that some early spiders could have come from the factory with wire wheels. All the customer would have had to do was sit down at the dealership, make up a wish list to go with the order of what they would want installed and let the dealership do the negotiations on what is available at the time. The factory would have probably been more than happy to provide a customer with special order parts as it would have meant a few more Lira coming into the factory coffer.

Interesting thread...
Christopher Boles
Veloce Register
http://www. veloceregister.net