speedo, gear ratios

The '78 spider should be a 4:56, the '83 a 4:10.  Does anybody know if it was '80 or '82 when they started using 4:10? I'd just put the thing in and go from there. The only accurate speedo I have is in my '71 Berlina with a 2 liter and a 4:10 rear end, and that one is adjustable (have to open the speedo casing and turn a screw (wait, I forget now if you have to open the casing...)). The speedo on my "71 spider is optimistic by 15 mph.