Fitting 140 mph Speedo into '83 Spider?

On a whim I purchased a 140 mph speedometer from a 1978 Spider to see if
it would work in my 1983 Spider (Hey, nobody else bid on it on eBay so
what the heck?).  It looks pretty similar to the 85 mph unit but its
there anything else to change to use it in my Spider (didn't the post
1981 Spiders have different rear axle ratios?).

Bill Bain
AROC Atlanta
'83 Spider (is it ever going to stop raining?)
'87 Milano (hardtops are nice in the rain)