Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 02:46:35 -0400
From: "Dean W. Cains" <dwc@domain.elided>
Subject: destroyed ignition rotor, Bosch Spider

Hi Group:

>snip>Last night I removed the distributor cap from my '87 Spider, to allow
easier access to the coolant bypass hose, which I was replacing.  I was
amazed to see that the ignition rotor, actually the end of the rotor that
the spark jumps from, was burned down to barely a nub.
Any educated guesses as to what happened here?  <snip<
Regards,
Dean
Lutz, FL
'74 & '87 Spider Veloce's