GTV race car project -Need advise

In a message dated 5/21/2003 11:20:42 AM Central Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 08:21:17 -0700
> From: "Fred Wright" <alfafredly@domain.elided>
> Subject: GTV race car project -Need advise
>
> All wise:
>
> What is the trick to getting the heater out. Got the front clips but
> can't figure out how to release the back?
>
> Fred Wright, 69 GTV, 77 Spider and 85 GTV-6

       Four tiny bolts hold the heater to the underside of the cowl.  They
are about 4 or 5 mm (8 mm wrench) and probably rusted such that at least two
will break off.  No problem on a race car, unless the heater is required by your
rule book.
       I race under the Improved Touring SCCA rules.  IT cars are required to
have the heater, but it does not have to be plumbed for water.  I use mine as
an auxiliary radiator to cool the car in summer heat.  But my car is a spider
and I do have all the heater outlets on the driver's side taped shut.
       I have been able to spilt the heater in the car.  A long thin
screwdriver and much manipulation finally popped the back clips off.  No way to get
them back on in the car that I can see.

Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City