Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 13:31:00 -0700
From: "dion fields" <noid@domain.elided>
Subject: 115 differential disassembly

greetings respected digestibles,
i recently got a replacement rear end for my 73 GTV
my original one was humming.  the "new" one from APE
consists of the pumpkin and the left side tube and axle.
i need to swap the right side tube and axle from my old
diff' onto the replacement diff'.

what is a good way to pull out the axle?  my shop manual
says to just use the special puller.  but i imagine there is
someway the axle is retained in the tube, rather than just
pressed in.  does the parking brake assembly do the
retaining?  is there another style puller i could use, like a slide
puller, or is there somewhere i could rent the alfa puller from ?

- -dion fields
- -'73 gtv
- -los angeles