Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 12:19:25 +0200
From: "Korolyshyn, Dan Mr. DAC DPW ENGR RESOURCE MGMT BR"
<Dan.Korolyshyn@domain.elided>
Subject: 75 Head

Peter,

The two Alfa mechanics here that looked at the 75 head said that the
combustion
chamber was different and the intake manifold area was different than that
on my 79 Spider engine and they didn't think that the head would fit
properly.
Alex told me that he too talked to you about this and he said that the real
test would be to remove my head and try the 75 head to see if it would fit
and to check to make sure that there weren't any valve interferences.  I
have
Borgo 10.4:1 pistons that I am planning on installing and I would hope that
if
the stock pistons are okay, then the 10.4:1s would also not present any
problems.
I also talked to the folks at Alfaholics in England and they too expressed
doubts
as to the serviceability of the 75 head on my car.  Currently I have the old
style
Euro manifold on my car and they say that I would need a different intake
manifold.  Fortunately I still have the 75 Alfa manifold that came off the
75.
The 75 I pulled the head off had twin Dellorto 40s on it.
I guess all the questions will be answered when I pull the engine, probably
some
time later this month or in May.

Dan K.