oil inside intake plenum

Hi All,
While dealing with the starter, I had to remove the airbox to extract the rhs
exhaust manifold, discovering that I have significant quantities of oil, about
a teaspoonfull  in my intake plenum (I think that's what it's called. It's the
molded rubber tube that connects to the AFM).
It seems likely that this is coming from the crankcase vent. If so, is it a
simple matter of changing the little vent device, or is there a larger symptom
at work, or am I totally off-base?

Thanks in advance,
Darren
1983 GTV6