1986 spider engine running very badly: shot distributor ?

Need help: 1986 spider engine running very badly

My engine is running very badly. The engine starts well, but the engine
vibrates at idle and something stalls. The engine strongly hesitates and pings
at above 2000 rpm.

I just realised that the distributor has shot bushing, so the rotor move side
by side along its axis by about 1 cm. There are evidences of physical contact
between the rotor and the distributor cap. Furthermore, the internal plug for
injecting the rotor correctly is almost completely destroyed.

Is it possible that the physical contacts have, progressively, mechanically
misadjusted the ignition timing? I know, the distributor is just there for
electrical contact, whereas the timing is computer-controlled.

Is it possible to visually determine that the rotor is well aligned in regard
to engine timing. In that sense, I put out the engine at TDC and the rotor
position at cylinder 1 appears out of alignment. There is a line in the
aluminium body of the distributor at cylinder one position, is this line
should be aligned with the middle rotor?

How to remove the distributor?

It is possible to have the distributor rebuilt?

Damien