Anti-freeze leak

To begin, thanks to everyone who replied concerning my interior
anti-freeze leak question.  As always, Alfa folks are quick to reply and
offer helpful solutions / remedies.  In trying to perform the simple
and inexpensive tasks first, I crawled under the dash, so to say, and
found the heater valve.  It looks like an artificial heart.  I didn't
find it until I removed some duct work from above the gas pedal (two
small 5/16 bolts).  I pushed the duct work towards the dash and saw
anti-freeze on what looks like an "L" bracket.  I then noticed two nuts
with rusk on them.  This appears to be where the bracket mounts to the
heater valve.  I'm assuming that the gasket was leaking.  I used a 10mm
box end wrench to tighten it.  Later, after the sun comes up I'll take it
for a test drive.  Anything to avoid ripping the center console
out. Thanks again for the help / advise.

AJ in NJ

86 Graduate