Anti-freeze leak in interior

As I took my 86 Spider out for a test run after replacing the cam cover
gasket, I noticed anti-freeze leaking on the gas pedal.  At least the
anti-freeze smell Ive been troubleshooting is not my radiator, or water
pump.  If it's not one thing, it's another.  That's why we like these
cars.  I'm looking through the DIgest Archives, but I'm having difficulty
identifying a fix for the situation.  I know it's not going to be an easy
one.  Any thoughts out there?  Anyone run into this before?AJ in NJ 86
Graduate