RESOLVED - Alfa spider speedometer "zero"

Thanks to all of you who wrote that both the speedometer and tachometer have small black pins that physically prevent the speedometer needle from falling below 15 mph and the tachometer needle from going below 400 rpm. I could swear (and so could my wife) that those used to go to zero. Fortunately I never did complain to the mechanic. Thanks again for everyone's reponse. Now I am really wondering how the mechanic was able to get in my garage and add those pins without me noticing!

Scott
1990 Spider Quadrifoglio