10548 cam timing

I have mentioned non-factory cam timing for 105.48 cams in Digest postings.

The timing I am using is 123 degree intake LCA and 103 degree exhaust LCA in my Alfetta's 2 liter engine. These settings were developed using Dynomation, a serious engine simulation software package, in the hands of a power train engineer who works for a 'big three' manufacturer. The goal of the simulation exercise was to optimize cam timing for peak power, peak torque and average power across the rev range. Based on my experience, I recommend this timing in the 2 liter engine. I have also evaluated settings of 114/114 with good results, but the timing I'm using now just feels better!

Because I have never seen simulation results or evaluated it myself, I do not have any recommendation for this cam in a 1750 engine other than factory settings.

George Beston
Alfetta
Spider Jr