Yet another vehicle (LAC)

Earlier this spring the motorcycle bug bit me again. I spent a few weeks waging a Psyops campaign to eliminate any resistance to purchasing one ('99 Triumph Daytona) I did such a good job, my wife wanted one too... but for her a scooter.

Since she doesn't drive, and since I'm soon to have only manual Alfas for her to learn on, I'm enthusiasticly behind the idea of her learning on a scooter instead. I got her a 150cc 4-stroke, 4-speed Bajaj Chetak. Aparently Bajaj built all the Vespas (everything but the sticker that says made in Italy) in India for about 20 years until LML (another Indian scooter manufacturer) got the contract.

A write-up: http://mark.denovich.org/archives/000181.html

Now I've got to get cracking on the Milano again. I'm replacing the fuel line and the transmission mounts. And dealing with rust again. I think I need to get a de-humidifier for the garage. I don't think it was the rusty sitting outside all winter. (and then back to the 164 rebuild. *sigh*)

Oh, a word of warning: Ask for the price on high pressure fuel hose before buying. I bought a bunch of stuff at NAPA, and didn't realize till I walked out the door that I paid over $5/ft!! Hell, Aeroquip is cheaper. Ouch!

--Mark
The Alfa Wiki: http://alfa.denovich.org