Milano Transmission vibrations

I recently Verde 3.55 tranny with a rebuilt 4.1 box. Everything is great except for a shudder that I get when letting the clutch out. The tranny came with a relatively new clutch also. The shudder is pretty jarring, similar to what you'd feel if you were about to stall the engine. The symptoms are sorta difficult to describe but here it goes.

First of all, if I let the clutch out normally while starting from a dead stop, but applying very little throttle (as if in a residential neighborhood) everything is fine. But if I am out in traffic and need to get away with a little more zip (by this I mean a normal start in traffic on a busy street), I get a really awful shudder from the tranny that can last between 1 and 3 seconds, depending on how much I'm slipping the clutch and what rpms the engine is turning. Normally I would say that I pull away from such a stop with the engine turning somewhere between 1100 and 1500 rpm and this is when the shudder occurs. If I zing the engine like I'm actually trying to get a way quickly I can frequently manage the start without getting any shudder, but not always.

At first I thought it was just something that I was going to have to teach myself to do when using this new clutch/tranny. But it has been over 5 weeks now and it isn't getting any better, no matter what I do. Short of running the engine up to 2000 rpm and dropping the clutch, which isn't such a graceful way to start either.

Is there anything we could have done wrong when installing the tranny which could cause such behavior? Its really starting to bug me that I can't get going without this annoying driveline shudder which shakes the whole car. Any ideas what I might be able to do to fix this?

Thanks, Derek