Why a members only area

It's a good point to question why we "need" a member's only area. The number one reason is that members are asking for it. Last year, when I asked for ideas, quite a few replies were asking for a members only area. Which would partially shift the web page from a marketing tool to a benefit to being a member. Somewhat like getting the "Owner". Think about this, every month a list of Alfa repair shops are listed in the Owner- if you are not a member, you don't get that either. So the argument can go both ways. Not that I want to, but just understand that it can go both ways.

I just noticed on the web page, the shop list is already there. As is a listing of all the tech article you can buy from the Club. However, the VIP's of tech advisors are not listed... Interesting.

Again, I'd like to see something that would invite people to the club, not alienate them. Right now, the leading suggestion is an archive of past "Owner" articles. This could be a fun thing to read history of the club, and I would love it.

There is another idea I've gotten from 2 people, but I'll have to work with a few people to make it work, and work safely.

This is good. I'm trying my hardest to make sure you get the most out of the club.

Speaking of that, I'd like to formally ask experts of running events to write articles on how to do it. I'm no expert, but I wrote an article about how to host an autocross. We could really use articles about how to: host a show, do a TSD rally, a fun rally, a time trail, a open track day, ... Common events that clubs do for their members. It will be interesting to help other clubs start new things!!!

Eric Storhok
Ann Arbor, MI

AROC Detroit Homepage: http://www-personal.umich.edu/~alfa/index.htm