Re: Freeloaders (was: RE: AROC-USA, etc.)

I see both sides of this issue (as I usually do).  I
will gladly help any Alfa owner that asks for help, I
don't care if they are ARA/AROC members or not.  But
where I DO draw the line is in giving away other
people's hard work for free.

I spend 10-40 hours a month trying to keep the ARA
running, and I'm up against all kinds of competition,
mostly from the internet where information is readily
accesible and free.

Club dues pay for our website and for the publication
of the newsletter.  If you want it, you gotta pay.  I
think that's fair.  And I would never ask our
technical advisors to ask people if they are members
or not before helping them.  But I would also hope
that the people calling realize that these resources
cost money, and do the honorable thing and join the
club.

Sorry for the rant, but it's a touchy subject for
those of us who volunteer our time to help the clubs.

Cheers,
Ian Lomax
ARA President