Milano torsion bar nightmare

Derek, I feel your pain!

I've gone through this on my Alfetta with some frustrations, but a satisfactory end result.

You've overcome the major obstacles of figuring out how to get the suspension apart and the bars out.

Everything you're doing sounds right, keep at it.

Zamani's advice is right on. Measuring the height of the lower control arm before you disconnect it from the torsion bar, and again as you re-connect the bar at both ends is very reliable, and saves all that time of reassembly before finding out you haven't got the result you want, never mind the subsequent disassembly process. Just remember, you want the LCA to sit higher if you're lowering your ride height.

By the way, let us know when you have posted a picture of your ball joint separator.

George Beston
Alfetta
Spider Jr