Parrish Hardtops

Having purchased a Parrish hardtop new many eons ago for my first Alfa,a 69 spider, I can confirm that the top was attached by a turn buckle with a J hook on one end. The J hook went around the pivot bar for the soft top. I believe that the attachment to the hardtop was an eye bolt on the top half of the turn buckle that was in turn bolted to a recessed nut in the hardtop. It could have been an eye bolt fitting in the hardtop and two J hooks on the turn buckle. Remember, that this was in the early 70's. Anyway, it is mechanically simple, once you take a look at the inside of the hard top. The original instructions called for using the front latches from the soft top. I just got an extra set.

The weather stripping was generic. I think it was a channel that attached to the bottom of the hardtop with a tubular seal underneath. Whatever you use, give yourself squish room because the two J hooks are all that makes the seal around the back of the car. The seals around the side windows were again generic. Take a look at the cross sections in a Steele Rubber catalogue or from a supplier of weather stripping for domestic cars.

Ciao,

Bart

Badges & emblems for Italian cars
www.Black-Barts.com