Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 16:09:42 -0400
From: Robb100@domain.elided
Subject: Alternator sources

I had the alternator on my 90 Spider tested today while it was still on the
car.  Under load it produced 13.6 volts but only 40 amps.  It is a 65 amp
alternator.  The mechanic suggested I bring it in to be bench tested to make
sure it is the alternator that is bad and not some of the wiring in the car.
With the very hot weather lately I have been running the A/C and this has been
draining the battery.  Anyhow, IAP wants $228 for a remanufactured Bosch
alternator.  I was wondering if anyone has a source or suggestions on a less
expensive alternator?  Would one from another vehicle make work?

Thanks,

rob murphy
90 Spider
Orange Park, FL